Facebook has quickly become THE place to discuss 3D printing. I have to say I probably spend more coffee break time geeking out about 3D printing on Facebook than anything else, which explains why people keep saying they are bumping into me more and more online.
Here is my list of the best places to go in Facebook for quality 3D printing discussion, getting help with your 3D printer problems, and making new friends:
- Maker Hacks – Well I have to start with the group that started this website, right? Maker Hacks is not just for 3D printing, but electronics, Arduino, Raspberry Pi, laser engraving and anything else making related that you can think of.
- 3D Printing Club – This is the biggest 3D Printing group I have found with over 21,000 members.
- 3D Printing – Ignore the URL that says Makerbot, this is for all makes and model users of 3D printers.
- 3D Print Props – If you are into cosplay or just having cool 3D printed pop culture items, then this is the group for you.
- BB8 Builders Club – Talking of pop culture, everyone wants a working BB8 right? Right?
- Under Construction: Open Source 3D Printing – Unlike the branded groups, this is the open source group, discussing RepRap and all open source 3D printing and hardware.
- 3D Printer Builders – Building your own 3D printer?
- RepRap – Group dedicated to the RepRap DIY/open source 3D printers
- 3D Printer DIY – DIY 3D printer owners and DIY 3D printer discussion.
- 3D Printing Hobbyists – As the name suggests, a place for 3D printing hobbyists to discuss and trade.
- 3D Scanning and Printing – Want to bring something from the real world into the digital and back again? This is the place to find out more.
- 3D Printed Multirotors – For folks building their own quadcopter, drone or other flying machine.
- Open RC Project – A group about 3D printing your own remote control products!
- 3D Printing Experts – Once you are no longer a beginner, you might find a home here.
- 3D Printing Ballers – For 3D printing “ballers”, whatever one of those is 😉
- 3D Printing – A smaller group but sure to grow
- Wanhao Duplicator i3 – The Wanhao Di3 facebook group is super active and helpful. If nothing else, check out the comprehensive sticky message links.
- Printrbot – This is the new Facebook group for Printrbot owners, and it is already becoming a fave of mine!
- Wombot 3D Printer Family and Wombot 3D Printers – For Wombot fans and users. Yes, there are two.
- Flashforge – Flashforge, Wanhao D4, CTC community
- 3D Printing Canada and 3D Printing Calgary – For Canadian 3D printer owners. It’s good to have a local perspective, especially when not all products are available or reasonably priced for Canadians.
- 3D Printing UK – UK 3D printing community
- 3D Skrivare Sverige – Swedish 3D printing group
What are your favourite groups that I missed? I’d love to know if there are cool places I am not visiting, and I will add any more to this list that I hear about.