Facebook has quickly become THE place to discuss 3D printing. I have to say I probably spend more coffee break time geeking out about 3D printing on Facebook than anything else, which explains why people keep saying they are bumping into me more and more online.
Here is my list of the best places to go in Facebook for quality 3D printing discussion, getting help with your 3D printer problems, and making new friends:
- Maker Hacks – Well I have to start with the group that started this website, right? Maker Hacks is not just for 3D printing, but electronics, Arduino, Raspberry Pi, laser engraving and anything else making related that you can think of.
- 3D Printing Club – This is the biggest friendly and helpful low drama 3D Printing group I have found with over 27,000 members. Others might be bigger, but this group has best signal to noise ratio due to the actively engaged http://3dpc.tech moderation team (including me!)
- 3D Printing – Ignore the URL that says Makerbot, this is for all makes and model users of 3D printers. At 40,000 members and growing it is the fastest expanding group out of all that I have seen.
- 3D Printer Chat – The group associated with the excellent 3D printing website (I am biased, I write for it), 3D printer chat
- Under Construction: Open Source 3D Printing – Unlike the branded groups, this is the open source group, discussing RepRap and all open source 3D printing and hardware.
- 3D Printer Builders – Building your own 3D printer?
- RepRap – Group dedicated to the RepRap DIY/open source 3D printers
- 3D Printer DIY – DIY 3D printer owners and DIY 3D printer discussion.
- 3D Printing Hobbyists – As the name suggests, a place for 3D printing hobbyists to discuss and trade.
- 3D Scanning and Printing – Want to bring something from the real world into the digital and back again? This is the place to find out more.
- 3D Printing Experts – Once you are no longer a beginner, you might find a home here.
- 3D Printing Ballers – For 3D printing “ballers”, whatever one of those is 😉
- 3D Printing – A smaller group but sure to grow
- 3D Print Laser and Milling – For folks who make with more than just plastic!
- 3D Printing Business Worldwide – For people using 3D printers for business or business around 3D printing.
- 3D Printing Club for Teachers and Schools – 3D printing in education.
Prop Making, Drones, and RC 3D Printing
- UK R2 D2 Builders – Build your own Astromech!
- 3D Print Props – If you are into cosplay or just having cool 3D printed pop culture items, then this is the group for you.
- BB8 Builders Club – Talking of pop culture, everyone wants a working BB8 right? Right?
- 3D Printed Multirotors – For folks building their own quadcopter, drone or other flying machine.
- Open RC Project – A group about 3D printing your own remote control products!
- Wanhao Duplicator i3 – The Wanhao Di3 facebook group is super active and helpful. If nothing else, check out the comprehensive sticky message links.
- Prusa i3 Mk2 Official – Official, and best, group for the Prusa i3 Mk2 (Josef Prusa is an admin).
- Printrbot – This is the new Facebook group for Printrbot owners, and it is already becoming a fave of mine!
- Wombot 3D Printer Family and Wombot 3D Printers – For Wombot fans and users. Yes, there are two.
- Flashforge – Flashforge, Wanhao D4, CTC community
- TEVO Black Widow Owners – For the TEVO Black Widow – not just helpful but necessary for owners of this printer!
- Wombot Owners – The unnofficial Wombot owners Facebook group. Again, if you want actual help with your Wombot, join this group.
- Folgertech Owners – Group for Folgertech printers.
- Creality CR10 – For the Creality CR10 printer.
- TEVO Little Monster – The group for the TEVO Little Monster Delta printer.
- 3D Printing Canada and 3D Printing Calgary – For Canadian 3D printer owners. It’s good to have a local perspective, especially when not all products are available or reasonably priced for Canadians.
- 3D Printing UK – UK 3D printing community
- 3D Skrivare Sverige – Swedish 3D printing group
What are your favourite groups that I missed? I’d love to know if there are cool places I am not visiting, and I will add any more to this list that I hear about.
Also published on Medium.